Seniors Look Ahead to the Last Two Weeks

A recap of important dates to remember for the seniors!

Maddy Bergey, Editor

As May is already almost half over, this signifies an important time in some people’s lives at our school . . . the seniors! As the class of 2023 approaches their last few days of high school, there are a few key dates and moments to keep on your calendar.

For seniors who are looking to tryout to speak at commencement, tryouts will be held in Mr. Mensink’s room during 1st hour on Monday, May 15th. A little birdy told me there aren’t many people trying out, so hopefully their insightful remarks will pull through to speak well for the whole class!

On Wednesday, May 17th, the scholarship and awards night for the seniors will be held in the stage gym starting at 7:30 P.M. There, the local scholarship winners will be announced by people from those specific organizations. Additionally, the awards that are usually handed out on the last day of school will also be given out from various student organizations like Radio Show and Yearbook Staff.

Then, baccalaureate will be held at 7 P.M. on Sunday, May 21st, at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony. It is an optional service for students to attend. For the attending seniors, there will be a rehearsal for this ceremony someday this week.

Wednesday, May 24th, marks the last day of school for the seniors. They will get out at 12:30 P.M. and have professional photos taken from 1:30 P.M. until 3:30 P.M. for the hallway display.

To finalize the seniors’ departure from this era, the commencement ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 28th in the varsity gym starting at 1:30 P.M. This will entail senior speeches (hopefully!), “For Good” performed by the choir, and “Could Have Been Me” performed by the band . . . oh! I suppose diplomas will be given out, too. Afterwards, there will be a receiving line out front of all the graduating seniors to enable family, friends, or community members to congratulate them.