Gun Control

Gun Control

Judah Stockdale, Student Writer

Gun control can be a tentative subject for some, but to me, the answer is simple. We should simply ban guns and the purchasing of said weapons. We would not take guns from people who own them, as that would be nonsensical. We would simply stop selling certain firearms to people. No person has any need for a semiautomatic or automatic weapons. Single shot firearms are plenty for any practical need i.e. self defense and hunting.  The only use semiautomatic weapons have is to kill more people than a single shot weapon.

Although this would infringe the 2nd amendment, it shouldn’t matter as the amendment is outdated anyway. The government–if they wanted–could take away our guns and rights. Our weapons are no longer adequate to match the governments’.  This makes the purpose of the 2nd amendment void.

Any weapon larger than a handgun is too much and should be severely limited. Any sale of a firearm should require a state licensure, and any purchase of a firearm should require state mandated training and license. Each firearm should take 2-4 weeks to reach its destination as well. All of these things would help drastically to limit the amount of gun deaths in America. No one needs a firearm, but if you want one it should be very closely regulated and no larger than a handgun unless special circumstances arise.