The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Join a Club!

It’s time to get involved

Here at Fillmore Central, we are fortunate to have a great many extracurricular activities to get involved in. In particular, many of our clubs are starting back up. Below is a list of upcoming meetings (plus a little background information) for some of our many clubs.

Highlights in Review Radio Show will record their first show on September 10th. Traditionally reserved for seniors, members collect and present information about happenings around the school. The show is aired Saturday mornings at 9:30 A.M on KFIL AM 1060, so be sure to tune in!

7th through 9th graders are invited to attend the JH Knowledge Bowl meeting on Tuesday, September 12th. Knowledge Bowl is a competitive trivia competition which encompasses a wide variety of topics. The meeting will be held in room 234 during activity period. Mrs. T. Knutson is available to answer any questions!

Do you like taking photos? Do want to win competitions (and potentially cash) by taking photos? If so, you are welcome to join Photography Club. In this club, you get to enter various photography contests. You also get the opportunity to display your photos throughout our school. For more information, the first meeting will be held during afternoon activity period in Mrs. Mehus’s room on September 14th.

Students (of any age) who wish to be involved in our school’s Yearbook Club should go to the yearbook staff meeting on September 19th. Much like the name suggests, this club is responsible for putting together our school’s yearbook. The first meeting will be during morning activity period in room 234. If you have any questions, go see Mrs. T Knutson!

On September 19th, Active Minds will hold their first meeting during morning activity period in the library. Active Minds aims to create a more positive school environment by focusing on mental health and inclusivity. This group is open to all students from 7th to 12th grade. For more information or for any questions, go see Ms. Simonson!

These are just 5 of the many clubs at our school. You are encouraged to go out and join any club(s) that interests you. The more involved you are, the more fun your school year will be!

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Fillmore Central Falconer

Your donation will support the student journalists of Fillmore Central Senior High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.