The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Books to Read by Fantasy Author Jennifer L. Armentrout…

Featuring Her Newest Book “Fall of Ruin and Wrath”
jenniferlarmentrout.com

New York Times Best Selling author Jennifer L. Armentrout has just released a new romantic fantasy novel. Armentrout is great for young adults and up. “Fall of Ruin and Wrath” is available to purchase on her website or at any bookstore. It is a new series set in a world destroyed by gods, ruled by the rich and powerful. The story follows Calista, who was born with an exceptional intuition, which is of great value. She hides with the Baron of Archwood, and in exchange she gives him information. One day, she runs into a traveling prince in need of help. Her intuition voices a warning and promise that “Today he’ll bring her joy. One day, he’ll bring her doom.”

Armentrout is most well known for her “Blood of Ash” series, which follows the young heroine Poppy, who is discovering her life may not be what it seems. Poppy has lived the life of a maiden, unable to be seen or to talk to anyone but a select few. Things heat up in the kingdom when monster attacks become more frequent. Assigned to protect Poppy is a hot new guard who makes her question everything she believes in.

That’s not all that happens in this world. “Blood and Ash” is still an ongoing series with 5 main books, a 3 book prequel series, and more on the way. “Flesh and Fire” is a story that happens thousands of years before Poppy’s big adventure. It follows Serephena, a firstborn daughter destined to be given away to the feared Primal of Death. Her goal is to save her kingdom from the rot. However, the only way to do so is to make the Primal of Death fall in love with her before she assassinates him, a task said to be impossible.

Armentrout even has some young adult books. “Storm and Fury” is the first book in the Harbinger series. Eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow can see and communicate with ghosts. She lives in an isolated compound guarded by gargoyle-shifting wardens that protect her and humankind from demons. If the demons find out about Trinity’s gift, she will be in trouble because the reason she has this ability is a closely guarded secret that could get her killed. Trinity is also suffering from an eye condition which is slowly making her go blind (same as Armentrout!), and she must navigate the world knowing that she won’t have her sight for much longer. A fascinating visitor is invited into the compound with reports of something killing both wardens and demons. When her home is attacked, she must go with the visitor to hopefully figure out what’s going on and maybe save the world.

Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my most favorite authors. I am always ready to buy her next release, and I hope this overview of some of her books inspires you to pick one up. Maybe, she’ll become one of your faves too. You can check out a full list of all of her books on her website. I hope you enjoy. ☻