The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Senior Spotlight: Alyssa Britton

This week’s Senior Spotlight is shining the light on Alyssa Britton! Alyssa is 17 years old, turning 18 on September 24th. During Alyssa’s senior year she’s excited for many things, such as getting closer with her class, Homecoming week, Prom, sport seasons, the Senior Class trip, and graduation.

Let’s highlight what she means by sport seasons… Alyssa participates in volleyball and basketball. Since 9th grade, Alyssa has worked hard and has greatly excelled in volleyball. In her 8th grade year, Alyssa dressed for varsity basketball at state and has been playing varsity ever since. In and out of sports, Alyssa is a great role model and always encourages positivity.

After high school she plans on attending SDSU to major in nursing. Right now, Alyssa’s main goal is to graduate her senior year with good grades. Her future goals are doing well in college and getting her nursing degree to become a traveling nurse.

Gerri Nielsen has had the biggest impact on Alyssa. Alyssa stated, “I really liked all of Nielsen’s English classes, and I’ve never really liked English, but her being my teacher has made me really like and understand English a lot better.” Alyssa also really loved Becky Mueller and thinks that she did a very good job as her math teacher. These teachers were her top 2, but she loves all of her teachers.

Alyssa’s favorite memory from elementary school is when she fell off of a chair and got caught on a door hinge. She had to get stitches and still has the scar from it to this day. Some advice Alyssa wishes she got before her senior year is to make the most of it, put yourself out there, be yourself, and be adventurous.