The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Monster Bash Haunted House OPENING SOON!

Monster Bash is our own local haunted house located right here in Harmony, Minnesota. They have been supporting our students’ band and choir trips and our fine arts programs since 2012. This company was founded by Jay Masters to help students fund their band and choir trips. The first four years of the haunt were held within the gymnasium of the Harmony Community Center. Then in 2017, Monster Bash bought Slim’s Woodshed and has been located there ever since. It has earned the students of Fillmore Central High School over $135,000 for their trips and art programs.

In the first few years, Monster Bash had to build moveable walls, props, and costumes which had to be stored in locally donated storage locations such as churches, the Harmony and Preston bus sheds, a Harmony Enterprises storage building, and a location out near Granger, Minnesota. 

Many months before the haunt, students and their families get to volunteer for rooms to build, decorate, and act in. Over the summer, volunteers and students help to set up the layout of the haunt. Each year, the layout changes with many new features. Building never stops in the haunt as there is much to do in such little time. When the time comes to get the haunt running, students and families get to sign up to act in the haunted house. Once the time comes to act, the hard-working students and volunteers get the actors dressed up, apply their makeup, and get ready to scare the pants off their guests.

Rianna Ryan acting in 2017’s Monster Bash “Sinister Stronghold”

Finally on the scare floor, the actors are ready, and the guests are getting nervous. Once those doors open to the first room, all the actors are ready to give their 100% effort into scaring the guests. Some reviews of Monster Bash have compared it to other Minnesota haunted houses. Monster Bash has been consistently rated #1 in Minnesota for 6 years in a row! As one reviewer stated, “The Monster Bash was a really well done Haunted House – the storyline, props, and actors were all great. The community really goes all in on this event and it shows! There’s a different plot line and layout every year with a much more cohesive storyline than most other haunted houses I’ve been to. They send in one group at a time so you get immersed in the story and see every aspect. Overall an awesome time!”

Eric Corson acting in 2022’s Monster Bash “Slim Chance!”

Monster Bash is in its 11th year of the haunt, opening with New Life Cemetery“If everything comes together,” Jay Master says, “it will be the best haunt we’ve ever done.” So if you haven’t visited the Monster Bash in the last 10 years, I hope to see you there for our 11th year! Monster Bash is open these dates:

Friday October 13, 7:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Saturday October 14, 6:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Friday October 20, 7:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Saturday October 21, 6:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Sunday October 22, 6:00 P.M. – 8:00  P.M.

Friday October 27, 7:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Saturday October 28, 5:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.

Sunday October 29, 6:00 P.M. – 8:00  P.M.

Tuesday October 31, 6:00 P.M. – 8:00  P.M.