The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Things To Love About Fall

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.itakeyou.co.uk%2Faesthetic-fall-ios-home-screen-ideas+
https://www.itakeyou.co.uk/aesthetic-fall-ios-home-screen-ideas

What does fall mean to you? Is it picking apples at an orchard? Drinking warm beverages while out in a chilly wind? Or maybe it’s attending the Homecoming football game? Considering the autumn equinox is on September 23, it is time to look into the season of fall. This season between summer and winter has many amazing qualities. When most people think of fall, they think of the changing colors of the leaves, or maybe they just see it as harvest season. But there are so many more amazing things that this season has to offer that people often forget.  

The main thing people associate with autumn is the leaves. We think of the amazing colors of red, orange, and yellow. We look back on memories of collecting all the leaves in a pile and jumping in them, getting leaves in your hair, scattering them everywhere, and then remaking the pile and doing it again. Another notable thing about fall is the temperature. Being not too hot and not too cold, this weather is perfect for sweatshirts and flannels. The prints and patterns of the season are super cute and stylish, and there’s something for everyone. 

For other people, like farmers, the season of fall is mainly known as harvest season. Some people dread this time of year for it can get very busy and disorganized. It can be quite the struggle to get through the season. With corn bees’ wings flying everywhere and combines running, this chaotic time of the year revolves around getting all the crops harvested before it gets too cold and starts snowing. 

Another incredible part of the season is the flavors! From pumpkin spice to apple pie, the flavors and treats of the season are loaded with delectable spices and pleasing scents. Flavors like maple, caramel, and cinnamon can be found in many common fall foods. Baking homemade goods and treats is also a very common thing to do this time of year. From different flavored pies to caramel apples, there’s something for everyone.  It’s a shame that these flavors aren’t as popular the whole year round. 

The holidays are another reason some people look forward to the season. The most common autumn holidays are Halloween and Thanksgiving. The spooky season of Halloween comes with traditions such as haunted houses, trick or treating, and horror movies which can get many people excited for the season. Others love Thanksgiving where they get to share a nice meal with family and friends. Along with these come awesome seasonal decorations. With pumpkins and gourds decorating porch steps and leaves falling everywhere, you can’t help but get into the season. 

I personally think that fall is the best season, and maybe I’ve convinced you too. Between the traditions, the flavors, and the holidays, there is so much to love about this time of year. What do you love most about fall?