The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Thomas

I had the opportunity to interview Amanda Thomas. She is a special education teacher. She has been working at Fillmore Central since 2015. She grew up with kids that had disabilities, and she felt like she connected with them. That made her want to go into this profession. 

She loves her job, the way she gets to help kids out and gets to joke around with the kids. She gets really good support from administrators and teachers. 

Her favorite thing to do outside of her job is spending time with her family. She has horses that she enjoys getting to ride. She also likes to craft a lot. Her favorite memory from school when she was younger was playing on the playground with her friends and making up games to play. She is looking forward to all the pep rallies that we have. She hopes that we will have a lot of them for our sports this year. She enjoys homecoming and getting to have events for all the kids. 

If she could be anywhere right now, she said that she would want to be at a lake with her family. Her dream vacation is going to Hawaii and getting to ride horseback on the beach. Her favorite drink is coffee and her favorite food is pizza. She enjoys getting to spend time with her animals and playing with her kids. She couldn’t go a day without her family. She also couldn’t go a day without her phone because it makes her nervous without having it on her. 

When asked if  she won the lottery what she would spend it on, she said that she would want to open a transition program for the kids. Right now they are renting a space out of the community center. She wants them to have their own space so it would work better for them. A couple of things that she would say to someone that wants to come into her profession are, is to to have a lot of patience, a positive attitude, be willing to help the kids out with anything, and look at the little things that you did that day and the way you helped a student out. I hope you learned Mrs. Thomas is generally a good person and loves her job and loves the kids that she gets to help everyday.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Fillmore Central Falconer

Your donation will support the student journalists of Fillmore Central Senior High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.