The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Homecoming is Here!

Homecoming week is finally upon us! There will be a bunch of festivities this week, and this article is to make sure you don’t miss out on any of them.

All week, be on the lookout to buy Homecoming buttons from the sophomore class/sophomore class advisors. Starting Tuesday, the cheerleaders will be selling pom-poms and Falcon beads in the high school office. Whatever it is you choose, make sure to stock up on Falcon gear this week!

On Monday, October 2nd, the dress up day is Barbie and Ken, so be on the lookout for pink! That night, the coronation ceremony will take place at 7 pm in the stage gym. Attend to learn more about each member of the Homecoming court and find out who will be your 2023 Homecoming King and Queen.

Tuesday, October 3rd‘s dress up day is Career Day, so dress up like any profession of your choosing.

Wednesday, October 4th, will be Class Color Day. The 7th graders will be sporting gray, the 8th graders will be decorated pink, the freshman are assigned purple, the sophomores will be wearing blue, the juniors will dress in white, and the seniors will be decked out in black.

Thursday, October 5th, is Dress Like a FC Teacher Day. The FCL Boys and Girls Varsity Cross Country teams have a meet at the Lewiston Country Club starting at 4:30 pm. JH football plays South Winneshiek at home at 4:30 pm. Also, there are home volleyball games versus St. Charles starting at 4:30 pm. The varsity game starts at 7:15pm.

Friday, October 6th is the big day! The dress up day is simply School Spirit, so be sure to wear your Falcon best. Starting at 7:45am before school, TNT will be painting faces for only $1 in the art room. That afternoon, the entire student body, from kindergarteners to seniors, will assemble for the Homecoming Pep Fest. After the pep fest, everyone will head outside to watch the Homecoming parade before school is dismissed. That night, head on over to the Harmony Golf Course at 5 pm to participate in tailgating before the Homecoming game. The Homecoming football game starts at 7 pm, and the Falcons will be facing off against the Lewiston-Altura Cardinals. At halftime, the FC band will perform their field show, and the FC cheerleaders will perform their pom dance.

It’s not over yet, because on Saturday, October 7th, the stage gym will be transformed into a ballroom for the Homecoming dance. The theme this year is Falcon spirit. The dance starts at 7 pm and will end at 11 pm. It costs $10 at the door to get in, and snacks and drinks will be served throughout the evening.

That’s just a quick overview of all the Homecoming festivities this week. Keep logging in to the Fillmore Central Falconer because we will be covering many of these events for you!