The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Senior Spotlight: Brayden Engen

This week’s Senior Spotlight is shining a light on seventeen-year-old Brayden Engen! For his senior year he is most excited about the upcoming theater season. Brayden is a role model within the drama department and is looking forward to the upcoming One Act Play and spring musical. He has enjoyed each and every one of his theater experiences. He credits Mrs. Whitacre and the theatrical shows he has been involved in with learning teamwork and helping out wherever he can, whether it be through creating sets or helping others with their lines.

During this past summer, Brayden enjoyed playing his guitar and keyboard until he dislocated his thumb. He really enjoyed the amount of free time he had to hang out with friends and to enjoy relaxing on his hammock.

Brayden is currently working at John Deere as head of janitorial services and for Valley Design as a back up. Brayden has a few career choices on his mind. One of his ideas is attend the University of Minnesota Duluth to become a civil engineer.  Another career he is considering is teaching – any subject but math. Brayden probably got the idea of teaching thanks to Mrs. Jackie Whitacre, who introduced him to acting.

Brayden is definitely one to get into a little bit of mischief on occasion. One time he and one of his friends decided that punching each other in the mouth was a fun challenge! Brayden ended up losing one of his front teeth. He still thinks about that to this today.

Something Brayden wished he knew when he was younger was to make his own decisions. He has learned now that you need to be your own person – not someone else’s image. Being yourself is the best possible version of yourself.