The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Exploring the Mechanical Passions of Kaden Wahl

Kaden’s 1979 Chevrolet C10 Pickup

In the world of motorhead marvels, Kaden Wahl has dived into the heart of mechanical passion, unveiling a journey through a lineup of classic projects. Kaden is currently indulged in working on his 1979 Chevy C10 pickup. Kaden shared with me his insights into past projects including vintage vehicles like a 1986 Pontiac Trans Am, a 1968 Dodge Charger, and a 1985 Chevy Corvette.

The spark for these automotive adventures traces back to his family roots and cinematic experiences. His father ignited the interest in him and a childhood immersed in movies such as “Cars,” “Fast and Furious,” “Smokey and the Bandit,” and “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

Every project faces hurdles, and rust proves to be a formidable adversary. Balancing the challenges of acquiring funds for parts and the inevitable wait, Kaden has an unrelenting perseverance towards his passion and has a wide understanding of the unpredictable nature of restoration. As Kaden states, “The most frustrating part is trying to get money for parts and the time it takes to get money and order the parts just for them to arrive and find out that some of them are the wrong size or brand.”

Kaden’s 1975 Grand Prix

On his ’75 Grand Prix, Kaden adores the rusting look of the vehicle and plans to add new chrome, allowing the classic beauty to shine in a unique twist on restoration.

I asked Kaden about the many skills he has developed over the years, and it seems that patience emerges as a crucial skill. These projects require lots of time and dedication. Balancing technical prowess with aesthetic choices, Kaden typically focuses on the internals and technical aspects before diving into the exterior.

From wrenches to welding gear, the garage serves as a haven for creativity. In Kaden’s garage, each tool has its own purpose, demonstrating that success lies in understanding the demands and tools needed for the task at hand. There is no one tool that is right for every job.

Kaden’s 1985 Chevrolet Corvette

Kaden had one unexpected and memorable situation while working on his dad’s Trans Am. As Kaden tells, “There was this one time when I was working on my dad’s Trans Am where I found an old green army figure, like the ones in “Toy Story,” and I would say that’s a memorable moment for me.”

For those of you considering taking on a mechanical project, Kaden suggests turning towards Youtube. Video tutorials have been a great help for Kaden—as they have for me—and would definitely help beginner mechanics. Embark on your journey through the grease-stained pages of automotive mechanics, where your passions will meet patience, and every turn of the wrench is a step toward crafting a symphony of mechanical marvels.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Fillmore Central Falconer

Your donation will support the student journalists of Fillmore Central Senior High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.