The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Staff Spotlight: Mr. Lange

This week I interviewed Mr. Lange. I loved getting to know him better! One thing that stood out to me was how he got into the teaching profession. He has pretty much known he wanted to be a teacher ever since he was about fourteen. At first he thought he wanted to be a band teacher, but after taking some classes in college, he decided that he wanted to teach social studies instead. He’s loved it ever since.

Mr. Lange’s favorite drink is lemonade, and his favorite thing to eat is pizza. His favorite things to do outside of school are fishing, playing golf or basketball, and spending time with his family. He also never leaves the house without spending time with friends and family.

Words of encouragement Mr. Lange would say to someone if they wanted to go into this profession are that you are in for one of the most rewarding professions out there. Not everyone can say that they are able to help educate our future generations in both academic and real life skills. Like any profession, there are days that are difficult, but it is very much worth it!

His favorite memories from school are basketball, golf, singing in choir, playing trumpet in band, or getting to know his now wife. He said that there are too many to pick just one. He has so many, and they are all from right here at Fillmore Central. 

What Mr. Lange would do right now if he could “would probably be fishing with his wife on a really good lake somewhere up north.” (Of course, ideally it would be about 70 degrees outside too). His dream vacation is going up north. He loves to take trips up north to fish, but he also loves to visit Montana/Idaho and the mountains in this region.If Mr. Lange won the lottery, he would pay off all of his and his family’s debts. Then he would buy a cabin up north!

Something that makes Mr. Lange come to work everyday is the students. He said that he loves getting to know them, and they are great to work with. This year he is looking forward to are watching the sports teams win lots of games (Hopefully they all go to state!), coaching basketball (7th grade boys), and helping teach the students academic and real world skills.

What stood out to me after interviewing Mr.Lange was how much he enjoys being a teacher. He is a really good role model for his students.