The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Senior Spotlight: Lydia Penhollow

This week’s senior spotlight is shining a light on Lydia Penhollow. She is 17 years old. Lydia is most excited to see what the future holds for her. She is also excited to make her last high school memories. Her current goal is to get the best grades that she can get.

After high school Lydia is planning on attending college at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. She wants to be a child psychologist and get to be able to help kids.

A teacher who had the biggest impact on her was Mrs. Olstad. “She’s the type of teacher that will push you to be the best student you can be.” Mrs. Olstad always pushed her to do the best that she could and to be the best person she could be. Even on her hard Anatomy tests, Mrs. Olstad still believed in her. 

Her favorite class right now would be World History with Mr. Lange. She likes it because it’s an easy class, and it’s kind of a break compared to her other classes that she has.

Lydia’s favorite memory from elementary school was at Maggie Dempewolf’s birthday party. Any time someone mentions something about it, they all laugh about the things that they did and the memories that come up when they think about it.

A piece of advice that she wishes she got told sooner is to cherish the moments and the memories you make in school. She wishes that she wouldn’t have taken all the memories and the friendships that she made for granted.

Something Lydia is going to miss about high school is all of her underclass best friends. She is going to have a hard time leaving them behind. Lydia also going to miss her favorite teachers and getting to see all her friends every day.