The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Farm Charm

Farm Charm

Farm Charm is located in Harmony, Minnesota.  It has become very popular in the past couple of years since opening. The owners are Becky Jones and Amanda Heibel. Becky owns 50% of the business and is a chandler of candles and fragrances. Amanda owns the other 50% and is in transition from creating all the tumblers to helping with the fragrances and the candles. Farm Charm has five employees, including Becky and Amanda. When both women started Farm Charm in June of 2021, they had full-time jobs. By January of 2022, they each quit their corporate careers to run their business.

Becky and Amanda have a passion for making home decor and more. When people found out what they were making, they started reaching out to them for their products. That led to making more things like furniture. When that got to be too much, they switched to making tumblers and candles. Eventually, Becky and Amanda began selling their products to other stores, which led them to rent a space to see how things would go selling their merchandise on their own.  Things went so well, that they opened Farm Charm, located at 45 Main Avenue North in Harmony, MN.

One of the most rewarding experiences for Becky since starting Farm Charm is hearing that people can get almost anything for birthdays and anniversary gifts without leaving town and knowing people are invested in their business. For Amanda, one of the most rewarding experiences is having three, high school employees. She feels it is wonderful to be doing well enough to create jobs for people. 

Farm Charm sells many local, artisan goods. Becky and Amanda plan on sticking with this because it is what makes their store so unique. You cannot find the products that they sell anywhere else. Becky and Amanda personally make the fragrances, candles, car diffusers, room diffusers, and soaps.

Some customer favorites at Farm Charm are their car diffusers, Christmas candles, and Christmas fragrances (especially bourbon butterscotch). Customers also love their coffee. It’s a gourmet coffee that is exclusively sold at Farm Charm.

On Black Friday, Farm Charm is having a BOGO on their wax melt Advent calendars and having a sale on their coffee syrups. For Small Business Saturday, Farm Charm is giving out a free candle to the first 25 people who walk through the door. For the holidays, Farm Charm has all kinds of holiday coffee, candies, hot cocoa, and coffee syrups. They are also selling their Christmas candles shaped like Christmas trees and red trucks.

If you’re in town for Small Business Saturday or during the holiday season, be sure to stop in and check out all that Farm Charm has to offer.