The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Tapestry Christmas Dinner

Saturday, December 2, 2023

The Tapestry Choirs at Fillmore-Central are directed by Mrs. Sarah Holten and are made up of students separated into two different age groups. The 7th-8th graders rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:15 a.m. The 9th-12th graders rehearse on Wednesdays and Fridays at 7:15 a.m. The Tapestry Choirs have two performances that involve two different genres of music. The Tapestry Christmas Dinner is an event usually held on the first Saturday of December, where students sing holiday music. The Tapestry Pops Concert is an event usually held on the Thursday following the Spring Musical or Play, where students sing a more peppy or somber style of songs. 

The Tapestry Christmas Dinner is a wondrous dinner performance where the junior high choir and the high school choir sing their holiday songs separately. In between sections, a select number of students also sing holiday songs as solos. The Tapestry Christmas dinner serves food along with drinks for the students’ parents and friends. The catered meal for the dinner is smoked brisket, potatoes, green beans, salad, dinner roll, and a dessert. 

Junior High Tapestry Songs

“Warm and Fuzzy”  

“Angels Among Us, The Place Where Lost Things Go”

“Christmas Lullaby”

“Christmas Isn’t Canceled (Just You)”

High School Tapestry Songs

“You Make It Feel Like Christmas”

“Christmas Isn’t Christmas”

“Ribbons and Bows”

“Sleigh Ride”

“Thank You” 

“This Day”

“When I Hear the Sounds of Christmas”

“All That Holiday Stuff”

“Peace, Peace”