The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

2023 Holiday Band Concert

The Fillmore Central Holiday Band Concert was held on Thursday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. There were 3 parts of the concert all directed by Duane Ledin. The starting performance was the high school jazz band. Jazz band is a group that meets at 7:15 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. There is usually a 9-12 and a 7-8, but this year only 9-12 performed with an eighth grader who was interested in playing. Jazz is a very fun and popular form of music, and we highly recommend students try it out. After the jazz band the junior band played. Finally, the high school band played, finishing the concert off with a bang.

Several holiday tunes were performed. The jazz band started off playing “My Favorite Things,” “All I Want for Christmas Is You” and “Big Noise from the North Pole.” Next the junior high played “A Festive Fanfare,” “Feliz Navidad” and “Bell Carol Rock.” The high school band played “The Polar Express,” “Holiday Mash-up,” “Sleigh Ride” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”