The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Senior Spotlight

Tiana Pickett-Hanson
Senior+Spotlight

This week’s senior spotlight is shining the light on Tiana Pickett-Hanson. I personally already know Tiana pretty well. I know she is an amazing person, and I want you guys to get to know her and her amazing personality too! Tiana is someone everyone should look up to.

This year Tiana is the most excited for the One Act Play and seeing how far it goes. She is also excited to have a final play with her friends and to work with Ms. Whitacre one last time. Tiana has been doing One Act and the Spring play ever since she’s been in the high school. Tiana has acted in a total of 10 plays for the school. After high-school Tiana plans on attending a 4 year university. She wants to major in communication and minor in theater. 

Tiana has many goals for senior year. She wants to speak at graduation, graduate high school with really good grades and keep the good support system that she has gained throughout her high school years. Some goals that she has for her future are to be successful and get better at time management. She also wants to get out and see the world.

The teacher that has had the biggest impact on Tiana has been Mrs. Mehus. She stated, “Cause’ she pushes you to work harder. She assigns a lot of homework, so I have to do a lot in her class, but it makes me excited for college.”

Tiana’s favorite memory from elementary school was going to the school’s library and picking out books so she would have different books to read every week. Her favorite memory from high school so far was being able to play hide and seek with the One Act team while Ms. Whitacre would have to run around the school and try to find them.

The most challenging part of Tiana’s senior year is trying to manage doing things right now for her present and everything she has to do for her future all at the same time. Another challenging is keeping her grades up but at the same time having a social life and to find time for herself. The easiest part of her senior year is that she already knows everyone in the school, so it’s not so scary. She’s friends with all of the teachers, so the teachers don’t really scare her anymore. 

Some advice she wishes she got before her senior year is to not wish it away and to do one simple thing for college a day so it doesn’t pile up. Also don’t worry too much about doing things for college because you have so much time to figure it all out and make time for yourself.

Some advice she wants to give out to her underclassmen is “Don’t fight with your teachers because then if you have a good relationship with them, it can help you learn better and do your work better. Also do your homework; it will pay off in the end.”