The Student News Site of Fillmore Central Senior High School

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Upcoming Events

The Fillmore Central Falconer

The Fillmore Central Falconer

Senior Spotlight: Zach Krage

This senior spotlight is focused on Zach Krage. Zach is a very gentle soul and can be a very helpful person. He is quite the open book once you get to know him, and he doesn’t hold back. He will help you with virtually anything as long as you are good to him.

In our interview, I had asked Zach if there were any words that described him. He described himself as individualistic and curious. “I have now reached a point in my life where I don’t care about what anyone thinks,” Zach stated. “I’m also extremely curious about how things operate. I like to take things apart and put them back together again.”

Zach has a very wide range of interests including One Act Play, 3-D printing, choir, cooking, football, and lifting. In One Act, Zach acquired the role of set crew head and is also playing a tango dancer in this year’s OAP. He is also participating in solo small group this year where he is singing “Tell My Father” with a group of around 12 other men and is performing his solo “She’s like the Swallow.” In his last year here at Fillmore Central, he is looking forward to One Act competition and this year’s spring musical.

One of the most challenging parts of his senior year has been speech class. He hopes to keep his grades up and make great progress towards his graduation. Zach is still browsing his options for college, but so far his main goal after high school is to study computer science and play football at either Gustavus or Morris college. His biggest long term goal is to make enough money to quit his job, buy 40 acres in Alaska, and live there by himself, away from people.

According to Zach, Mrs. Holten stood out from the rest of the staff as she has impacted him the most socially. She always provides him with constant encouragement and support.

As Zach navigates through the rest of his senior year, I can clearly see his resilience, curiosity, and dreams for a beautiful future. For the underclassmen reading this, Zach gave a piece of advice for you: “Don’t take things too seriously and just live life. Don’t care about what everyone thinks about you as long as you’re living your life to the fullest. Don’t be scared to try new things either.”